Provident Fund i.e. PF is very important for our toady’s generation as inflation is increasing day by day. PF plays vital role in our employees life. It is quite difficult when someone leaves his job. Sometimes employee has to sacrifices his last month salary even if informing to the company before leaving. Provident Fund is the way to save your hard earned money for you Retirement. Provident Fund department is managed by the Government of India to avoid the losses of employees.
◆ What is UAN:
UAN stands for Universal Account Number by which your Provident Fund Account can be identified or can be accessed. One person can change multiple organizations according to their need. So in those cases each organization will open a new PF account for him / her. To avoid this UAN Number is used. You just create UAN once and inform your employer (Company in which you are joining) when you join them. Just write your UAN Number in the joining form of the company you are joining. So you can manage multiple organizations PF accounts in your single UAN Number.
◆ How To Know Your UAN Number:
Mostly your Employer i.e. the company in which you are working generates UAN Number for you to deposite your Provident Fund in it. So you just ask your employer’s HR Department regarding UAN. Commonly UAN Number is mentioned on the Salary Slip / Pay Slip. It mandatory for employer to submit employee details to Employee Provident Fund Organization. You can also get your UAN Number by Aadhaar Number on EPFO Portal in case you haven’t received UAN Details from the employer.
◆ How To Activate UAN Number:
To activate UAN Number You Must Know It. If you don’t know it first ask your employer i.e. company in which you were working. Or ask about Salary Slip / Pay Slip. You can also findout your UAN Number through EPFO Portal with the help of Aadhaar Number in case you haven’t received UAN Details from the employer. To activate your UAN Number follow the steps below.
1. Go to EPFO Portal Website And Select ‘Activate UAN” Click the below link to go there directly.
2. Now you will see page like this. In this page fillup your details like UAN Number, Name, Date Of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Id & Captcha Code. Finally click on “Get Authentication Pin.”
3. Now you will be redirected to the following page. OTP i.e. One Time Password will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter your OTP here and click on “I Agree” then click on ” Validate OTP And Activate UAN” Button.
4. Now your UAN Number is activated successfully. You will receive your EPFO Login Details on registered mobile number via SMS. By using this login details you can access your PF account on EPFO Portal.
◆ List Of Valid Documents
• Aadhaar Card
• PAN Card
• Bank Details (Account Number, IFSC Code}
• Driving License
• Voter ID
• Ration Card
While activating your UAN, You might get errors like “Data not found in our records.” Or “Date of Birth Mismatch” Don’t worry we can make corrections there. If you get any error while activating UAN try to activate it using your Aadhaar Number instead of UAN Number in UAN Activation Form On EPFO Portal. Contact HR Department Of The Employer To Know The Date Of Birth in their record.
I hope this article will help you. If you still have any queries then let me know in the comment section below. Stay connected to know more about EPFO Services.